The Flying Baby!

Since I am used to traveling for work so much, I decided I needed to get out of the house and get my airplane fix! Flying is like an old habit for me and was getting too easy so I wanted to spice things up by flying with a newborn by myself...am I crazy?

Thankfully, Carson continued to show his beloved mild-mannered attitude and was a little angel on both flights to/from San Diego (he had a minor meltdown in SD while waiting to check in bags, but some food thankfully took care of that!)

We were able to stay with Grandma and Grandpa so they could see how much he had grown and meet Auntie Lauren, Uncle Matt, cousin Madison, andgreat grandpa for the first time! Unfortunately due to the time of year, lots of colds, etc are going around so Auntie Lisa and cousin Sara were not able to make it down from Seattle (they made a valiant effort by getting all the way to the airport before turning around) and cousin Ryan was also getting over being sick, so they will have to meet Carson the next time!


Our boarding pass...Carson got an "A"! Thankfully I still have my frequent flyer status to make things easier! We definitely got some looks for going in the business class lines!


Preparing to make the first voyage...lots of things to bring with a baby--no more traveling light for me!


Play time with Grandpa


Showing Grandma how I like to move my feet and bounce!

Smiles for Grandma and Grandpa


A little play date with Carin and Owen...Carson was overwhelmed to meet his new cute friend!


Meeting Great Grandpa who is 97! He was very impressed with Carson moving his feet all around!



Fun cousin time...Madison loved kicking with Carson on the floor, showing him some books, and feeding him a bottle. She is such a great big cousin and wished Sara and Ryan could have been there too!


Carson loved meeting his Auntie Lauren


Auntie Lauren and Uncle Matt...trying to remember when Madison and Ryan were this small!


A video of the first time Carson started using his hands to grab and play with things (no need for his toys...Grandma's apron was his preference!). The next day he figured out he could do the same thing by kicking things with his feet!


We made a visit into Dexcom to meet mom's coworkers (and one of their new babies as well)! It was great to see everyone for lunch (but we are happy to have a little more time to bond before mom goes back to work!)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

So cute! I am glad to hear the flight went well. You are brave though!