Bebé Coté Decides to Arrive Early!

My official due date was 12/28/11 and with the diabetes they would not let me go past 39 weeks to be on the safe side. So we were planning on being induced on 12/21 but Bebé Coté had other plans (and did not want a birthday so close to Christmas!). Due to the ultrasound looking great at 36 weeks, I had told work I would continue working for 1 more week before starting maternity leave (but never had the chance)!

Thankfully we had prepared most everything in advance knowing how crazy things could get with the NBA basketball season starting on Christmas this year. However, we had procrastinated on packing our bags for the hospital, which made us run around in a frenzy at 3am on December 5th when my water broke in the middle of the night.

We headed to the hospital after packing our bags and calling our parents to get here ASAP! Thankfully we left before rush hour traffic hit (all of Kevin's route preparation was not needed) and were admitted around 5am.

I was 2 cm dilated without having contractions and was started on pitocin around 10am. I made it until 3pm until finally begging for the epidural and was finally ready to push the little guy out at 9pm!



Thankfully the nursery was ready in advance!


Needing to pack after finally convincing Kevin that my water broke


Let's meet this baby!


Check out my great blood sugars during delivery!

No comments: